EMPIRE THEATRE AKA: KINGS [1911-1936]
EMPIRE Sydenham (des. John Whitelaw)
old Presbyterian Church 1880
seating 680
377 Colombo street (Cnr Columbo and Elgin St).
2 Jan 1911 - 1922
renovated as
KING'S
12 Aug 1922 - 1934
sound 6 Jun 1931
brick front added 1935 (des. Cecil Wood)
demolished 1938; (see 'Metro' 1939)

Now: the site for a Work and Income office.

Cinema Image
HOME
LINKS
PREVIOUS CINEMA
NEXT CINEMA
CINEMA LIST
CONTACT

HISTORY

helps support the activites of the CANTERBURY FILM SOCIETY