CANTERBURY MUSIC HALL AKA: GAIETY THEATRE [1864-1891]
CANTERBURY MUSIC HALL
50 Cathedral square
seating
1864 -
renamed
GAIETY THEATRE c.1880 - 1882
various live performances
renamed -
SALVATION THEATRE
20 May 1883-1884
first city location for the Salvation Army
used as a storage warehouse
1884 - 1890
building taken over by Warners Hotel
1890 - 1891
(demolished for extension to Warners Hotel)

Other sources refer to a Gaiety Theatre in operation 1908-1909?

HOME
LINKS
PREVIOUS CINEMA
NEXT CINEMA
CINEMA LIST
CONTACT

helps support the activites of the CANTERBURY FILM SOCIETY