|LIBERTY THEATRE AKA: SAVOY [1917-1993]|
LIBERTY (des. Alfred Luttrell.)
50 Cathedral squareSAVOY (des. H. Francis Willis)
The Bier garden with the remaining wall of the Savoy.
The outdoor screen.
History: The cinema was intended to act as a buffer between the (Warners) hotel and the Lyttelton Times building to abate the habitual problem of printing press noise which kept guests in Warner's awake at night.
Equipment: DP70.com records that two DP70 (2206 - left and 2209 - right) were moved to the cinema from the State, but not used for 70mm.
helps support the activites of the CANTERBURY FILM SOCIETY